Ambrosia's Vintage and Antique Teddy Hospital
There are any number of vintage (dating from the 1950s for teddies) and antique (dating from the 1930s) teddies out there! Many are found in lofts, others have had amazing adventures, and others are being passed down the generations. Due to their age, many bears need to be repaired or restored, and Ambrosia particularly loves this sort of work! She can fix old joints, add growlers amd squeakers, add new pads and eyes, and will always do her very best to maintain the original character of the teddy.
Please have a look at the wonderful vintage and antique bears which have already been treated by Ambrosia and her friends at the hospital. Ambrosia has had friends come to her from all over the world: Canada, France, Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia, America, Malta and New Zealand!
If you are thinking of sending a beloved teddy or animal to Ambrosia's hospital, please take a look at all of the creatures she and her helpers have managed to make feel an awful lot better! Ambrosia is willing to try to mend ANY well-loved teddy or toy, because there is always something that can be done. Should you want to help a toy you love, please bear these things in mind before you contact Ambrosia:
* the teddy or animal will probably need to stay with Ambrosia at the hospital for anything from a few days to a week or so. Consequently, if a child is unable to sleep without their toy for a night or so, Ambrosia will not be able to help.
* Ambrosia is not a mechanic, so please be aware that she is unable to fit complicated mechanisms that may work eyes etc! She can fit new growlers in to teddies, however. Also, Ambrosia can only work with toys that have a material structure; anything with a solid shell is beyond her healing skills!
* the medicines that Ambrosia uses are very expensive, and the time it takes to make them work can take many hours. The minimum time taken will be two hours just to fix paws; larger injuries can take several hours and even days. Hence, Ambrosia starts her medicine prices at £25, and, when you post your teddy, you will be responsible for the cost of the travel here and then back to you again.
* please note that Ambrosia is unable under any circumstances, due to ethical reasons, to work with real fur, leather, sheepskin, bone or any other slaughter by-products. If bears or toys requiring medical attention are wearing any such products, please ensure they are removed before sending them to Ambrosia; it makes her extremely upset if she is confronted by such things.
* if, for whatever reason, you decide that you do not want your bear or toy back following a repair, or the cost of the medicine is not forthcoming, Ambrosia will wait one month and then either put the bear or toy up for adoption on ebay, or take him or her to a charity shop so that they can stand a chance of finding a forever home.
Please be aware of these conditions before making contact or sending your friend to Ambrosia.