Ambrosia's Soft Toy Hospital
Everyone loves soft toys and, because they are loved so much, they very frequently need to be repaired or restored. Ambrosia and her bears are willing to help ANY soft toy as there is always something that can be done. If you are thinking of sending a beloved soft toy to Ambrosia's hospital, please take a look at all of the creatures she and her helpers have managed to make feel an awful lot better! Ambrosia has had friends come to her in England from all over the world: Canada, France, the Channel Islands, USA, Abu Dhabi, Malta, Saudi Arabia and New Zealand! She is willing to try to mend ANY well-loved soft toy, because there is always something that can be done. Should you want to help a toy you love, please bear these things in mind before you contact Ambrosia:
* the soft toy will probably need to stay with Ambrosia at the hospital for anything from a few days to a week or so. Consequently, if a child is unable to sleep without their toy for a night or so, Ambrosia will not be able to help.
* Ambrosia is not a mechanic, so please be aware that she is unable to fit or fix complicated mechanisms that may work eyes etc. Also, Ambrosia can only work with toys that have a material structure; anything with a solid shell is beyond her healing skills!
* the medicines that Ambrosia uses are very expensive, and the time it takes to make them work can take many hours. The minimum time taken will be two hours just to fix paws; larger injuries can take several hours and even days. Hence, Ambrosia starts her medicine prices at £25 (please have a look at the Price Guide by clicking here), and, if you need to post your teddy, you will be responsible for the cost of the travel here and then back to you again.
* should the above be satisfactory, please feel free to send Ambrosia photos. When you post your bear or toy to the hospital.
* please note that Ambrosia is unable under any circumstances, due to ethical reasons, to work with real fur, leather, sheepskin, bone or any other slaughter by-products. If bears or toys requiring medical attention are wearing any such products, please ensure they are removed before sending them to Ambrosia; it makes her extremely upset if she is confronted by such things.
* if, for whatever reason, you decide that you do not want your bear or toy back following a repair, or the cost of the medicine is not forthcoming, Ambrosia will wait one month and then either put the bear or toy up for adoption on ebay, or take him or her to a charity shop so that they can stand a chance of finding a forever home.